2.14.2009

That's amore...and vodka!

Candy_Hearts

Well, it's here. Another V-Day. Don't get that confused with Vagina Day. That's not until September.

No, today is the day that couples love and singles dread. The day where single gals like myself put on their best velor track suit, watch whatever movie Lifetime is showing and drink themselves out of three boxes of wine. So, basically just your average Wednesday night but with much more shame and wine stains on the bed.

Not this Valentine's Day though. Because on this day, February 14, 2009, I'm going to do something very brave: drink my face off.

That's right. I'm doing it for single people around the world. I'm going to bravely march myself into a bar, order several drinks, probably talk to loud and sing too much, and then I will make the long journey home to a friend's couch. No need to thank me for my efforts. The Medal of Honor will do.

This Valentine's Day, I'm going to have a blast. I don't really see the point in dwelling on my party-of-1 status. So instead I'm going to hang out with my friends and have a good time. Because that's what I like to do most days, so why should the National Day of Getting Some be any different?

Happy Valentine's Day all around.

No comments: